Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 196
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 cake roll)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together eggs, sugar, and stevia, until mixture is thickened and light yellow. Whisk in butter and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake until cake is set, 10 to 13 minutes. Do not overbake or the cake will dry out.
- Run a thin knife along the pan edge to release cake from pan. Place a piece of parchment paper on a countertop and invert cake onto parchment. While cake is still hot, roll up cake tightly in parchment, starting at a short end. Let cake roll cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Place heavy cream, creme fraiche, stevia, and peppermint extract in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until stiff.
- Unroll cake and cover evenly with peppermint cream, leaving a 3/4-inch border all around. Re-roll cake tightly, but not so tightly that filling oozes out. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Right before serving, dust cake with cocoa powder and sprinkle with peppermint candies.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Mascarpone cheese can be used in place of the creme fraiche.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 13.6 16.1 4.3 113 88 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1