Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 248
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, cloves, and salt.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter with stevia and sugar until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl and beaters after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Beat in 1/3 of flour mixture, then sweet potato puree, then another 1/3 flour mixture, then sour cream, then remaining flour mixture just until combined.
- Divide batter between cupcake cups and bake until lightly browned and firm, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely, at least 45 minutes.
- For frosting, in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar, stevia, and butter until smooth and creamy. Add enough milk to reach a smooth, spreadable, but not runny, consistency. Beat in maple extract. If frosting is too loose, refrigerate, covered, until spreadable.
- Use a small offset spatula to frost cupcakes. If desired, top each cupcake with a pecan.
You might also like
Per Serving: 248 calories; 12.9 30.8 3.4 56 100 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1