0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This pumpkin chutney is sweet, savory, and nicely spiced. One of my favorite chutneys, this is especially great for an autumn-themed dinner party or Thanksgiving."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 36
Original recipe yields 64 servings (4 pints)
- Place pumpkin in a pan, cover liberally with salt, and leave overnight. The following day, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place ginger and peppercorns on a piece of muslin and tie together with kitchen twine to make a spice bag.
- Combine pumpkin, apples, shallots, raisin, sugar, vinegar and spice bag in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until pumpkin is soft and chutney has thickened, about 1 hour. Remove and discard spice bag.
- Spoon chutney into sterilized jars, cover with lids, and allow to cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use onions instead of shallots.
Per Serving: 36 calories; 0.1 9.4 0.5 0 6 Full nutrition