Delicious Pumpkin Scones
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is what I look forward to when autumn comes around: delicious pumpkin scones. Try my recipe and you'll see why. I use homemade pumpkin puree because it just tastes so much better."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 210
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly flour a baking sheet.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add mashed pumpkin and mix.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix dough well.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth and satiny, 4 to 5 minutes. Add milk if dough is too thick. Mix in golden raisins. Pat dough into an 8-inch round about 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the round into 8 wedge-shaped pieces. Separate wedges on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least a 1/2-inch space between each.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are light brown and crusty, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool 20 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 210 calories; 5.2 36.9 4.2 35 552 Full nutrition