Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 393
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through but still firm, about 20 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven; leave oven on. Allow sweet potatoes to cool until safe to handle; peel and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Coat a deep 1 1/2-quart baking casserole with oil. Arrange 1/2 the sweet potato slices on the bottom. Drizzle with 1/2 of the melted vegan margarine followed by 1/2 of the maple syrup. Top with apple slices and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and cloves. Repeat layers. Pour apple juice on top. Cover casserole with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the hot oven, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove lid or aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm until serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You will need 4 to 4 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes for this recipe.
- Feel free to use olive oil, coconut oil, or sesame oil in place of the vegan margarine.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 4.8 85 5 0 206 Full nutrition