Korean Oxtail Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients21 h 20 m servings 589
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Wash oxtails to remove any bone fragments and place in a large bowl. Cover oxtails with cold water and weigh down with a plate to keep them submerged. Place in the refrigerator for 12 hours, changing the water 3 or 4 times. Drain.
- Combine drained oxtails and stew meat in a large pot with fresh water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse meat. Return parboiled meat to the large pot and add onions and water to cover, approximately 3 times the volume of meat. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Reduce to a low simmer and cook 3 hours more.
- Skim fat and onions from the top of the soup. Place soup in the refrigerator to cool until you can skim additional fat from the surface, about 2 hours.
- Reheat soup over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Season soup with leeks, salt, and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Look for oxtails at the Asian butcher.
- You can put white rice into the soup. If you have any kind of kimchi, serve with oxtail soup. Plus, using oxtail soup as a base, you can add sliced rice cakes or Asian noodles.
Per Serving: 589 calories; 32.6 14.6 58.9 203 382 Full nutrition