Spicy Vietnamese Quick Pickled Vegetables
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 27
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Inspect 2 mason jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until vegetables are ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Divide carrots, radishes, cucumbers, and jalapeno peppers evenly into the 2 clean jars.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool for 2 minutes. Pour mixture over the vegetables in the jars and let come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Screw on lids and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The longer you leave the vegetables to pickle, the better they get. They also get spicier, so only use 1 jalapeno if you are sensitive to heat. These will keep in the fridge up to a month.
Per Serving: 27 calories; 0.1 6.3 0.7 0 487 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1