Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 20 m servings 968
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Whisk olive oil, dill, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Chop marinated chicken into small cubes. Heat water and olive oil in a deep, covered saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink inside, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Heat 1/2 inch olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Saute eggplant until browned outside and soft inside, 3 to 5 minutes. Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb extra oil. Allow eggplant to cool.
- Chop cooled chicken into very small pieces and place in a bowl. Add ricotta cheese and Cheddar cheese. Whisk egg in a separate bowl and add to cheese mixture and mix well. Season filling with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons filling on the larger end of an eggplant slice. Roll around stuffing and place in the prepared baking dish. Add diced tomatoes on top of eggplant. Sprinkle with sugar. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven 40 minute to 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Cook's Note:
- You can marinate chicken ahead of time by putting chicken and marinade in a plastic bag and freezing. When you take the chicken out to thaw in your refrigerator, the chicken will marinate as well as thaw.
- You may find that the eggplant, cheese, and tomatoes create a watery mix on top. I tend to spoon this off like you would gravy and then discard it before serving so that the dish isn't too watery. It all depends on how much oil the eggplant has absorbed during cooking and how well you drain the tomatoes.
Per Serving: 968 calories; 90.6 27.2 16.9 87 379 Full nutrition