Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 384
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Melt butter in the pot; add carrots, celery, and onion. Saute until vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, ham, chili powder, garlic, pepper, and bay leaf to the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select Soup setting according to manufacturers' instructions. Cook until flavors meld, about 30 minutes.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute margarine for the butter if desired.
- You can use one 48-ounce jar of mixed beans plus 1 can Northern beans instead of the 4 cans of Northern beans.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 10.4 50.2 23.5 30 1076 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I did change the method of this recipe slightly, as I used dry beans, rather than the canned. After sauteing the vegetables, I removed them to a bowl, added the dried beans (16 oz) to the pot, a...