Zucchini Sausage Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 360
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 8x11-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8x11-inch casserole pan with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini in a pot with 1/4 cup water. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil until almost tender but still firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and return zucchini to the pot.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking it up into small pieces, until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease; remove sausage from the skillet. Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until just translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix butter into 1/2 of the stuffing mix. Add to the zucchini mixture and mix well.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add a small amount of the hot sausage to the eggs; stir well. Add remaining sausage, onion, and zucchini-stuffing mixture. Pour filling into the prepared pan.
- Mix remaining stuffing together with 1/4 cup water to get a spreadable consistency. Add more water if too dry. Spread mixture over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 360 calories; 21 25.9 16.4 111 1169 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe is a great choice for an alternative zucchini recipe. I made it with chicken sausage and that was a tad spicy. When I make it again I may add some hot sauce or banana peppers to giv...