Goat Cheese-Blueberry Ice Cream
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a great ice cream without any egg for all goat cheese lovers. Lavender honey adds a special flavor. This is my favorite ice cream!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 487
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat milk, sugar, and 1 tablespoon lavender honey over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Stir until honey and sugar have dissolved, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Place goat cheese in a bowl and pour lukewarm milk mixture on top. Stir until smooth. Mix in cream. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine blueberries, water, and 1 tablespoon lavender honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat and slowly bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Mash berries with a wooden spoon until mixture resembles chunky jam. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Pour goat cheese mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Add blueberry mixture a little at a time; continue freezing, about 10 minutes more. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 487 calories; 36.5 35.7 7.5 128 145 Full nutrition