Ingredients50 m servings 180
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Place a layer of blueberries into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and sugar in a large bowl. Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture and stir until batter is smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and orange zest. Carefully pour over blueberries in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with a thin layer of brown sugar. Return to the oven and bake until sugar is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
- Cook's Note:
- You can, of course, use fresh blueberries if you prefer.
Per Serving: 180 calories; 3.6 31.7 5.5 85 123 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I'm surprised how easy this was to make. I didn't have buttermilk so I added 1T of vinegar to a cup of milk and let it sit for about 10 minutes. And, I used the whole 16 oz of fresh blueberrie...
Doubled the recipe, cause I’m feeding three growing children and a husband, and used the mixed berries I use for my smoothies. HUGE hit! The kids love it! The husband actually ate breakfast and ...