Make-Ahead Sweet Potato and Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 634
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 burritos)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potatoes and green onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven until soft, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook chorizo in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain any excess fat; transfer chorizo to a bowl and set aside to cool. Wipe out the skillet and return it to the stove.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Heat butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs and scramble until just set, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape eggs into a bowl and let cool.
- Line up tortillas in assembly-line fashion. Divide chorizo between the 8 tortillas. Top each with a portion of sweet potato-onion mixture, scrambled eggs, 1 tablespoon salsa, and queso fresco. Fold the bottom of each tortilla up over the filling, then fold in both sides and roll up burritos.
- Flip burritos so they are seam side-down. Wrap each individually with aluminum foil and place into a resealable plastic bag.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- These reheat more evenly when thawed. To reheat a thawed burrito, remove from aluminum foil and wrap in a paper towel. Heat in the microwave at 30% power for 2 to 3 minutes, or until warmed through. For frozen, heat at 30% power for 5 minutes, or until warmed through, turning over halfway through.
Per Serving: 634 calories; 35.4 51 27 238 1431 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Love love loved these! I make a breakfast skillet for my family with sweet potatoes and chorizo, so I knew we'd love this. I was sneaking the sweet potatoes after I took them out of the oven and...