Make-Ahead Sausage and Veggie Bowls
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Make weekday lunch-prep a breeze with this sheet pan sausage and veggie meal while cooking up a pot of rice! This is so versatile; you can use different veggies, or use quinoa instead of rice. You can drizzle with Italian dressing or add some hot sauce. The possibilities are endless! Refrigerate for up to 5 days."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 452
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cover a large 12x17-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown rice and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add water and salt. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until water is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place sausages on one end of the baking sheet. Place onion next to the sausages. Place Brussels sprouts next to onion. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper over vegetables. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Toss to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven. Stir vegetables and turn sausages over. Add bell pepper to the baking sheet and drizzle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Slice sausages into bite-sized pieces. Divide brown rice, vegetables, and sausage pieces evenly among the 5 containers. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- Cut large Brussels sprouts into thirds or quarters.
Per Serving: 452 calories; 19.3 47.8 24.2 67 1252 Full nutrition