Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 365
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place chicken breasts, water, and onion in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Drain off water. Shred chicken using 2 forks. Mix in green chiles.
- Combine chicken mixture with Monterey Jack cheese. Spoon some of the chicken filling into the middle of each tortilla and roll up tightly. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish; arrange filled tortillas in the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add water, chicken stock concentrate, and cumin; whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in Greek yogurt, pepper Jack cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese. Do not boil, as yogurt may curdle.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheeses melt, about 22 minutes. Broil on high until top browns, about 3 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If freezing, do not make sauce. You'll want to freeze the casserole dish and, once frozen, transfer the enchiladas to a large resealable plastic bag. Make the sauce right before you plan to bake the enchiladas.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 18.7 21.4 27.7 89 475 Full nutrition