Incredible Gluten-Free Banana Bread
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a heavier, more filling banana bread than others. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you - it comes together quickly! The almond flour, oat flour, and chia or hemp seeds may be found in your grocery store's organic or gluten-free section, at Trader Joe's®, or online. My family isn't gluten free (my sister is!), but we all prefer this recipe to any others."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 254
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Puree bananas in a blender. Add eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla extract; briefly blend until smooth. Drizzle in melted butter while blender is running and mix until combined, about 10 seconds.
- Whisk oats, oat flour, almond flour, brown sugar blend, chia seeds, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Add liquid mixture from the blender; mix until no dry spots remain. Add pecans and chocolate chips and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into 2 loaf pans and spread out evenly to the corners.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are dark golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out with tiny crumbs attached, 70 to 80 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 cup brown sugar for the brown sugar blend, if desired.
- Substitute coconut flour for the almond flour. if preferred.
- Hemp seeds or a ground seed mix would work in place of chia seeds.
Per Serving: 254 calories; 16.2 24.3 5.8 50 253 Full nutrition