Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 190
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 pancakes)
- Stir flour, pumpkin, egg, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl until well mixed; the mixture will be thick and chunky. Add baking powder and stir until evenly distributed. Slowly pour in 1/4 cup milk while stirring; mix until all liquid is absorbed. Add more milk and stir until batter is smooth and firm, yet flows off the spoon; a wooden spoon inserted into the mixture will stand, but batter will flow when poured. Mix in pecans.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the skillet. Cook until edges are dry, 1 to 2 minutes; flip and cook on the other side until edges are firm, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place a pat of butter on each pancake as they are removed from the skillet and transferred to a plate. Sift confectioners' sugar on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Preheating the pan or griddle will reduce overall cooking time. If your cooking surface is not nonstick, lightly coat the surface with nonstick spray or butter.
- These pancakes take longer to cook than conventional pancakes. The first time you make these, remove one of the pancakes from the pan and crack it in the middle by folding it. If there is no sign of liquid, remove the cakes from the pan and start the next batch. If there is still liquid in the center or around the nuts, return the cake to the pan and cook for a few minutes more. Check a different pancake next time.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 4.9 31.9 7.2 49 493 Full nutrition