Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 335
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, 1 to 3 minutes. Add curry powder and chile; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes more, adding a splash of water if needed to prevent burning. Stir in coconut milk. Add butternut squash and potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Season with cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Sweet potatoes work as well, but I generally like to do half and half here as the sweet potatoes lose consistency.
- You can use curry paste in place of powder.
- If you do not have coconut milk, you can use stock with cream to taste. In my opinion, the coconut milk does add to the flavor and the low-fat variety has as much flavor as the high-fat one.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 19.1 41.7 5.5 0 50 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1