Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 247
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and steam until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
- Drain carrots and mash in a large bowl. Mix in milk, Cheddar cheese, 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon crushed crackers, beaten eggs, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Spread carrot mixture in the greased casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup crushed crackers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For the cheesiest flavor, be sure to use cheese-flavored crackers and mature Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 15.1 18.1 10.6 95 748 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Easy to make and my family loved it. I used regular Ritz type crackers because I didn’t like the cheese flavored ones. I also added a little sugar to bring out the sweetness of the carrots. Will...