0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Lightly breaded and fried shrimp are tossed in marinara sauce and baked with a cheese crust. Surprisingly, this does not taste oily at all. Very good flavor, nice and light. Serve over angel hair pasta with a tossed salad on the side. The red pepper sauce pairs well with the shrimp, but you can use your favorite marinara."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 1110
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Pour oil into a pot and heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine paprika, salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme, marjoram, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne powder in a bowl. Mix 1 tablespoon of spice mixture with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl. Mix remaining spices with flour in a third bowl.
- Beat eggs and water together in a bowl.
- Dip each shrimp in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, and then in bread crumbs and place on a plate.
- Fry shrimp in hot oil until they float and turn golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Pour tomato sauce into an 8-inch square casserole dish and top with fried shrimp, dipping them to coat with sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese starts to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 1110 calories; 86 52 33.2 244 1494 Full nutrition