Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 364
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir 1/4 cup onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, basil, and pepper into the bulgur. Add ground beef and 1/2 pound lamb; mix well. Divide mixture into 2 portions. Pat 1 portion over the bottom of a 12x7-inch baking dish.
- Pat the other portion into a matching rectangle on a piece of waxed paper. Set aside for the top.
- Cook and stir remaining 1/4 cup onion and 1/2 pound lamb in a skillet until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease from the skillet. Stir in pine nuts and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon lamb-pine nut mixture over the meat layer in the baking dish.
- Invert top layer over the filling. Peel off waxed paper. Score top layer into diamond shapes by cutting diagonally in both directions, leaving about 3 inches between cuts. Press a small dab of butter into the middle of each diamond.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and mint.
You might also like
Per Serving: 364 calories; 23.4 16.1 23.2 80 663 Full nutrition