Stroganoff-Inspired Salisbury Steak
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 436
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix meat, milk, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, fennel seeds, black pepper, and salt together in a large bowl; do not overmix. Form mixture into 6 large balls and flatten into medium thick patties.
- Heat oil in a heavy, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Place patties in the hot skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned, 5 to 10 minutes per side; don't flatten patties while cooking.
- While patties are cooking, mix sour cream, water, and flour together in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove browned patties from the skillet. Drain and discard grease, but keep meat drippings in the skillet. Return skillet to medium heat and add butter and onions. Cook until onions are just starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Carefully pour rum into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream mixture and mix well; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more. Return patties to the skillet and cover with gravy. Cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- While meat bakes, Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Place a serving of noodles on a plate and top with 1 patty and a portion of gravy mixture. Repeat with remaining noodles, patties, and gravy.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The measurements for the meat mixture are as close to exact as they can be, because I don't measure when putting the meat together and it comes out perfect every time. Pair this dish with a fresh salad, green beans ,and warm fresh bread, and you have a wonderful Sunday dinner.
Per Serving: 436 calories; 23 26.9 19.5 116 273 Full nutrition