Country Fried Onion and Mushroom Steak
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 711
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 steaks)
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and green onion in a container. Beat egg in a bowl until fluffy; add milk and whisk together. Dip steaks in egg batter and then in bread crumb mixture until coated and place on a plate.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Increase heat to medium-high and place steaks in the saucepan. Cook, without moving steaks, 2 minutes. Continue cooking until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Transfer steaks to a serving plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and mushrooms to the saucepan and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add broth, flour, and cornstarch, stirring gravy while adding these ingredients. Reduce heat to low and cook without stirring for 1 minute. Stir again, remove from heat, and let sit 1 to 2 minutes more; gravy will thicken as it cools. Cover steaks with gravy.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- When frying the steaks, be sure not to move them for at least the first 2 minutes to help the breading stick or else it might fall off.
- If you wish to deep-fry the steaks instead, you can do so at 350 degrees F for 4 minutes.
Per Serving: 711 calories; 34.3 22.5 73.7 195 566 Full nutrition