Homemade Mixed Nut Butter
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a healthier, creamy alternative to store-bought peanut butter. It is a combination of many different types of nuts so you can mix and match according to your tastes and preferences. I personally like to make it with walnuts, almonds, and pistachios. It is also low in sugar. Great for a healthy snack option pre or post workout."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 207
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts, almonds, and pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake nuts in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor while still hot; process at high speed until broken down and starting to clump together. Turn off processor and scrape down sides with a spatula. Begin processing again until a cream starts to form. Add sucralose, honey, vanilla extract, and salt; blend for 1 minute more.
- Add cocoa powder gradually, alternating with milk powder, and process for 1 minute more. Let cool completely. Scoop into a jar and refrigerate.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Only use the non-fat dry milk if cocoa powder is used.
- For a chunkier spread, just add chopped nuts.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 17.5 9.4 7.1 < 1 125 Full nutrition