0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Due to the limited availability of key lime here in Malaysia, I've decided to substitute this main ingredient with calamansi, which are locally grown and can be found in abundance. I find that the flavors go extremely well together and would definitely be a hit for those who do not quite favor the bitterness of lime but who wish to enjoy a light and zesty, yet creamy, dessert. Hope you'll try it out!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 721
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine biscuit crumbs, butter, and sugar in a bowl using fingers until well combined. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a tart pan and flatten evenly using a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and leave oven on. Allow shell to rest while preparing filling.
- Whisk egg yolks and calamansi peel in a bowl on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and gradually add condensed milk until smooth and thickened. Stir in calamansi juice and mix just until well combined. Pour mixture into tart shell.
- Bake in the hot oven until set and not browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack until tart reaches room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes more, before serving.
- Meanwhile, whip heavy cream and sugar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Slice tart into 6 equal pieces and top with a generous amount of whipped cream.
You might also like
Per Serving: 721 calories; 41.5 80.1 10.4 204 517 Full nutrition