Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 408
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix 1 teaspoon egg yolk and water in a small bowl. Set aside for glazing the cake.
- Combine remaining egg yolks, flour, butter, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until dough is stiff and sticky, similar to cookie dough. Knead dough a little bit to bring it together.
- Press dough into the prepared pan with your hands. Brush glaze on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking until golden brown, about 25 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes. Slice cake crosswise.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 26.5 38.9 4.6 215 170 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Super easy to make with excellent results. The simplicity of making this will make you want to make it often! It is rather crumbly and very reminiscent of shortbread. I topped it with whipped c...
Perfect! Made it with Gluten-free flour. Definitely going to make it again. Great with fruit sauce, caramel sauce or straight up with no extras! Easy to make as well.
Very tasty dessert!!! A great recipe to use up egg yolks I had leftover from making angel food cake. My only problem (which is probably inexperience using springform pan) I should have sat the ...
I found this recipe when looking for ideas to use 6 egg yolks leftover from making buttercream frosting. This was delicious and so easy! I eat a mostly keto diet so I'm even going to play with...