Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 428
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch cake)
- Place orange in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until orange is soft, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Cut orange into chunks and discard seeds.
- Mix almond flour with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch cake pan and coat the pan with a handful of the almond-sugar mixture.
- Combine orange chunks and 1 cup sugar in a food processor; pulse until pureed. Add almond flour mixture and butter; process until smooth. Add eggs; mix until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; process until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you're a fan of citrus, add one more orange.
Per Serving: 428 calories; 25.3 43 10.8 139 396 Full nutrition