Quick and Simple Plum Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This plum cake is quite easy and quick to make if you use a food processor. It can be mixed by hand as well, it just takes a bit more time."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 255
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 10-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle prepared plums with lemon juice in a bowl.
- Combine flour, butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until blended. Process on low speed until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Arrange plums, cut-side down, on the batter. They can touch or even overlap; the more plums you can fit, the better the cake. Dust with cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Notes:
- I usually soften butter in the microwave for 12 to 15 seconds (exact time will depend on your microwave), if I forget to take the butter out of the refrigerator in advance.
- If you are making the cake by hand, cream softened butter and sugar together, add eggs one at a time, and then the lemon zest. Add the flour (sifted together with baking powder and salt) alternately with the sour cream, adding a little at a time. Mix until light and smooth.
Per Serving: 255 calories; 9.4 40 4.5 52 146 Full nutrition