Chickpea-on-Chickpea Pasta Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Chickpea fusilli is tossed with marinated vegetables and cheese then dressed in a fresh herb pesto to create a hearty pasta salad to serve at your next potluck. The oils and vinegar in the marinated ingredients helps create a savory dressing. This vegetarian meal can also be served in small quantities for a fun appetizer at your next get-together."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 240
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Cut red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, eggplants, and pepperoncini into bite-sized pieces. Place cut vegetables in a large bowl. Add chickpeas, goat cheese, olives, and onion.
- Whisk olive oil and saffron together in a small bowl. Add the reserved liquids from the peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, and pepperoncini.
- Grind lemon balm, basil, parsley, and thyme in a mortar until coarse. Add pine nuts and grind into a chunky paste. Whisk the saffron-oil mixture until combined; pour over the vegetable-cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fusilli, stir once, and boil until just tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; do not rinse. Spread pasta into a single layer on a large baking sheet and let cool, at least 20 minutes.
- Add cooled pasta to the vegetable mixture. Gently toss to coat. Be careful not to stir the pasta as it might fall apart.
- Cook's Note:
- When retrieving the vegetables or olives, don't worry if some of the liquid is still present, as this will add to the overall flavor of the salad.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 72.2 22.1 6.8 5 639 Full nutrition