Chickpea Maltagliati e Fagioli
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 20 m servings 398
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak beans in water, 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain beans and briefly rinse under cold water. Allow to drain.
- Tie sage, rosemary, and bay leaf with kitchen twine. Set aside. Break lasagna sheets into uneven pieces that are relatively the same size.
- Heat a stovetop pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, onion, carrots, and red bell pepper; stir until onion is translucent. Add drained beans, herb bundle, green beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and chile pepper. Stir to ensure beans are evenly distributed. Add 4 cups water and bouillon cube. Secure the lid and bring to pressure. Cook for 8 minutes from the first whistle.
- Turn off heat and allow pressure to release naturally according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove cover and discard herb bundle. Season stew with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add pasta pieces a few at a time, stirring constantly to avoid sticking.
- Add boiling water a little at a time if the stew becomes too thick. Stir frequently until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Ladle into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you live in a hard-water area, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the soaking beans.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 13.5 54 18 0 85 Full nutrition