Boozy Horchata Ice Cream
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 241
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine almond milk and cinnamon sticks in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cover, remove from heat, and add coconut oil. Allow to steep and cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and strain out cinnamon sticks. Whisk in coconut milk, honey, rum, and vanilla extract. Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately for 'ice milk' consistency or freeze overnight until firm.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute cashew milk for the almond milk if preferred.
- For a low-carb version, use powdered stevia or xylitol. I recommend using a stick blender to fully combine coconut milk with the powdered sweetener before adding steeped cinnamon mixture.
- The coconut oil and rum both help keep ice cream from becoming rock solid; if frozen, let soften until scoopable, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 17.1 17.7 1.8 0 63 Full nutrition