Low-Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 483
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x11-inch baking dish)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add chile powder, garlic, cumin, and sea salt; stir until combined. Add chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce. Stir to combine and remove from heat. Let chicken mixture cool slightly.
- Stir 1 cup Cheddar cheese, white parts of green onions, and 1/4 cup cilantro into the chicken mixture. Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x11-inch baking dish.
- Slightly overlap 3 slices of zucchini on a cutting board. Top with a small mound of the chicken mixture. Roll up and place in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices and chicken mixture. Spoon remaining 1/4 cup sauce over zucchini enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese and queso fresco on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Garnish with green parts of green onions, sour cream, and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- To more easily slice zucchini, use a mandoline or cut in half lengthwise, lay cut side down on a cutting board, and use a Y-shaped peeler to create long slices.
- Substitute cooked chicken thighs for the breasts if preferred.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 26.4 12.3 49 158 619 Full nutrition