Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 599
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a wide skillet over medium heat.
- Combine gram flour, cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and salt in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the hot oil and mix well. Add water, a little at a time, until a very thick batter forms. Stir in cilantro and spinach.
- Dip potatoes and cauliflower in batter and add to the hot oil in batches without crowding. Turn and fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add onions to remaining batter all at once; scoop onion-batter into the oil and fry until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The batter should not be too thin, or else it will not coat the vegetables well. So, go easy with the water. If you feel the batter is too thick, you can always add more water. Remember the batter tends to get thin if you let it sit long!
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 599 calories; 56.8 19.2 6.1 0 64 Full nutrition