Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 354
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 cups)
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add yam. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spread carrots onto a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil. Season with rosemary and a pinch of salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until carrots are tender when poked with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine stock, coconut milk, and vegan butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in remaining salt, celery flakes, turmeric, and black pepper and slowly bring soup to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Combine quinoa flour and onion powder in a bowl. Slowly whisk about 1/4 cup hot soup into quinoa mixture to form a loose batter. Slowly whisk batter into the soup. Reduce heat to low; let soup simmer but not boil, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked yam and carrots to soup. Stir in corn kernels and paprika. Continue cooking over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes more. Season with salt.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If your corn has a husk, remove the husk and rinse off excess silk. Place corn vertically on a cutting board with the widest end on the board, and remove kernels from the cob by running your knife against the cob from top to bottom and rotating the ear until all corn is removed. (A tube pan in a nice hack. Place corn over center hole and kernels fall into the pan.)
- Adjust salt to your taste. Start with less. It is easy to add more. Enjoy.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 20.6 41.4 6.3 0 1121 Full nutrition