Sweet Potato-Corn Chowder
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 369
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Dice 1 1/2 sweet potatoes and roughly chop the remaining 2 1/2.
- Place diced sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until barely tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add roughly chopped sweet potatoes and cook 10 minutes more.
- Add vegetable stock to the stockpot with the vegetables and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until sweet potatoes are fork-tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Mix cream, 1/2 the creamed corn, brown sugar, coriander, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger into the stockpot. Simmer soup for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Stir in remaining creamed corn, reserved boiled sweet potatoes, and whole kernel corn. Simmer soup 20 minutes more, stirring a few times. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- I recommend using fresh vegetable stock if you can versus canned. It makes the recipe that much better!
- You may puree this soup in a blender in batches instead of using a stick blender, if preferred.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 21.6 42.4 5 69 558 Full nutrition