Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 382
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Reserve drippings in the skillet, and drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Combine milk and cream cheese in a blender and process.
- Combine cream of potato soup, cream of mushroom soup, corn, and cream cheese mixture in a large pot over low heat. Bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Add cooked bacon.
- Heat skillet with bacon drippings over medium heat. Add halibut, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer contents of skillet to the pot with the soup.
- Season soup with cayenne pepper and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to substitute frozen corn for canned and canned mushrooms for fresh, if you prefer.
- This recipe makes a lot; any extra chowder can be frozen for those nights you don't feel like being in the kitchen.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 22.5 23.9 22 77 1468 Full nutrition