Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 327
Original recipe yields 16 servings (4 quarts)
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook until softened, about 20 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, and bouquet garni. Simmer until potatoes are softened but not squishy, about 20 minutes more. Add halibut and simmer soup for 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining 3/4 cup butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Add cream and whisk constantly until thick and smooth, about 15 minutes. Blend roux into the soup. Remove bouquet garni just before serving and stir in dry white wine and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make your own bouquet garni, wrapped and tied in a cheesecloth. For fresh herbs, use 3 sprigs parsley, 1 sprig thyme, and 1 bay leaf. For dry herbs, use 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1 bay leaf.
- Substitute fish broth for the chicken broth if preferred.
- Substitute 6 tablespoons cornstarch for the flour if desired.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 24 12.7 14.1 90 280 Full nutrition