Purslane, Cherry Tomato, and Cucumber Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A simple way to enjoy purslane, which is a weed that you might be able to forage in your own backyard! Purslane has more omega-3s than any other plant source and a pleasant lemony flavor. Here I toss it with a simple mix of cherry tomatoes and cucumber for a cool salad with nice crunch."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 192
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine cherry tomatoes and cucumbers in a salad bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt, stir well, then leave to sit while you prepare the purslane.
- Rinse purslane well, then pat dry with a tea towel. Pick off any large leaves and the tender stems at the top and place in a bowl. Discard the larger sections of the stems.
- Check tomato-cucumber mixture; by now, tomatoes should have released juices thanks to the salt. If not, stir well and let sit 5 minutes more.
- Add purslane to the salad bowl with the tomatoes and cucumbers. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If the tomatoes don't release much juice, you can add red wine vinegar to taste along with the olive oil.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 14.3 16.2 3.1 0 105 Full nutrition