Hatch Chile Relleno Casserole with Ranchero Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 356
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and beat until stiff. Gently fold in evaporated milk, flour, and salt. Cover bottom of baking dish with 1/2 the egg white mixture. Place chiles flat over egg whites. Sprinkle Oaxaca cheese over chiles. Top with remaining chiles and egg white mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set, about 30 minutes.
- While casserole bakes, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add chile powder, salt, and cumin. Cook and stir for another minute. Add bell peppers and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add broth, stirring to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until casserole is ready.
- Serve the sauce with slices of the chile relleno casserole.
Per Serving: 356 calories; 22.1 20.6 20.1 70 1240 Full nutrition