Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 133
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine condensed milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, salt, and egg white in a bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Add about 2 1/3 cups shredded coconut. Mix with a spatula until mixture is sticky and holds together. Form into balls using a sorbet scoop.
- Roll balls in remaining coconut. Space macaroons evenly onto a silicone-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 3/4 of the chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the chocolate until it melts.
- Dip the base of each cooled macaroon about 1/8 inch into the chocolate. Place cookies, chocolate-side down, on parchment paper. Let chocolate harden completely.
- Chef's Notes:
- You can use sweetened coconut flakes, but the condensed milk is already very sweet.
- Regarding the chocolate dip, you can just melt and use any kind you like, but for that extra professional touch, I suggest tempering the chocolate before you dip.
- Rolling macaroons in additional coconut is optional.
Per Serving: 133 calories; 9.9 10.7 2 3 43 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Whaaa?! So good! Mmm! Highly recommended. The trick is finding the right scoop to use. And don't skip rolling them in extra dry coconut before going on the baking pan, so much extra yum!
Maybe it was my oven on convect but some got a little burnt. Otherwise it was delicious; crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy inside!