Smoky Zucchini Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 244
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat until a pinch of flour sprinkled into the oil will just begin to bubble. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly until mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Slowly add milk, stirring to avoid lumps. Continue stirring until a smooth, thick sauce is obtained, about 10 minutes more. Whisk in bouillon, paprika, and thyme. Remove from heat and let sauce cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion; saute until softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Add carrot and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add egg to the cooled sauce; whisk rapidly until smooth. Add Cheddar cheese and mix to combine.
- Layer zucchini mixture evenly into the prepared casserole dish. Pour sauce over vegetables and give it a slight stir to moisten throughout. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread crumbs start to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Broil until panko is nicely browned, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 244 calories; 18.3 12.6 10 73 354 Full nutrition