Baked Celery Root Fries
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Oven-roasted celeriac sticks are a lovely accompaniment to your main dish or even alone, just for a snack. The light celery flavor goes well with a spicy homemade ketchup. I tried two different methods to achieve the crispiest fries, and this was the one that I preferred. I served it with homemade harissa ketchup."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 207
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (99 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place in the oven to preheat.
- Place celeriac in a bowl; drizzle olive oil over and season with salt and black pepper. Toss fries to coat evenly.
- Remove baking sheet from the hot oven. Transfer fries to the baking sheet in a single layer with some space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While fries bake, combine tomato paste, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, harissa, brown rice syrup, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt in a small bowl. Stir to combine until smooth. Add water, 1/4 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency. Set ketchup aside.
- Remove fries from oven and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Flip fries and return baking sheet to the hot oven. Bake until crispy, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve celery root fries with harissa ketchup.
You might also like
Per Serving: 207 calories; 7.7 31.9 5.2 0 807 Full nutrition