Baked Coconut Chicken Fingers with Passion Fruit Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 599
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the can of coconut milk into a large bowl. Add chicken tenders and toss to coat.
- Combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt, ginger, cayenne pepper, and turmeric on a large plate or in a shallow dish. Place shredded coconut and eggs in separate shallow bowls.
- Roll each chicken tender in the flour mixture. Dip in the egg and roll in coconut. Place tenders on the prepared sheet pan; coat with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the largest chicken tender reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 20 to 25 minutes. Broil until outsides are browned and toasted if desired, 1 to 2 minutes. Be sure to watch carefully to avoid scorching.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and salt; stir to dissolve. Add bananas and pineapple; cook, stirring gently, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and coconut milk in a small bowl; stir into the skillet with the fruit mixture. Cook, stirring gently, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add passion fruit pulp. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve sauce over the coconut chicken tenders.
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to substitute ghee for the butter and arrowroot powder for the cornstarch.
Per Serving: 599 calories; 43.8 25.5 31.3 146 493 Full nutrition