Ingredients50 m servings 160
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Combine almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, lime zest, and salt in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Cut in butter with a fork until combined and no lumps remain. Press crust mixture down into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk lime juice, coconut milk, sweetener, butter, and zest in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix until sweetener is dissolved; do not let boil. Add beaten eggs slowly, a little at a time, whisking constantly until mixture is foamy and airy and starts to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove filling mixture from heat and spread evenly over the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toast shredded coconut in a small skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle coconut and lime zest topping over the bars. Let cool and refrigerate completely before cutting into bars.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use granular sweetener in the filling mixture, though I prefer the powdered version since it dissolves better. You can pulse granular sweetener in a blender or food processor to achieve a powdered consistency. For a sweeter bar, add an additional 1/4 cup of sweetener to the filling mixture.
- For 1 cup of lime juice, you will need approximately 8 limes.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 13.8 17.8 5.4 88 107 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this yesterday and I ended up throwing the whole thing out. I doubled the Swerve in the recipe and it was still so sour that I couldn't eat it. It also didn't set up in either stage of co...
I haven't made them yet as we are getting ready to move and I did not have coconut flour and coconut milk and thought I'd wait until we get to the new house to stock up on new ingredients.
Very good for a Keto dessert. Mine had a touch of aftertaste because I used Stevia, but it was a great treat after going so long without desserts. Thanks. FYI: I made the side crust pretty h...