Ingredients7 h 5 m servings 195
- Combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt, and cloves in a blender or food processor. Process on high until adobo sauce is smooth.
- Trim most of the fat from the roast and cut meat into 3-inch chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook on all sides until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer seared meat to a Dutch oven and pour adobo sauce on top. Pour in chicken broth and add bay leaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very tender, about 6 hours.
- Discard bay leaves. Shred meat in the juices using 2 forks. Return to the oven and cook 30 minutes more.
Per Serving: 195 calories; 14.7 1.3 13.4 52 249 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Loved this! Left out the cloves due to personal preference and it still turned out great! Needed a little bit of salt but that is all.
This is sooo good! Tried it with beef roast first and then with a pork roast the second time. Both delicious!
Yum, I made homemade burritos with this, my husband said I out did myself :)
I cut the recipe by 4 and it was,just enough for 2 people.
I did skip the oven in favor of my instapot thing, and I used a whole can of adobo, because I do like it spicy