Creamy Basil Margherita Spaghetti
Its a Hand Me Down
Ingredients45 m servings 487
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over low heat. Add tomato, onion, green onions, and garlic. Reserve 2 tablespoons basil and add the rest to the frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup cream and continue to whisk for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add remaining cream and stir. Add granulated garlic, thyme, and a squeeze of lemon juice to the sauce.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings if needed. Add cooked vegetables to the sauce, mix well, and simmer over low heat while pasta boils.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and reserved basil together in a bowl.
- Serve the pasta in a large plate or bowl. Ladle cream sauce over. Top with Parmesan-basil mixture and another squeeze of lemon juice.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 37.8 29.7 9.5 125 265 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
this was absolutely delicious, me and the girlfriend made this. we added some shrimp to it because we were craving pasta and seafood. this was so beautiful, fun to make, easy to make, and extrem...
Delicious. My family enjoyed this with some chicken I just dipped in milk and plain bread crumbs and pan fried. I mixed most of sauce in Spaghetti and added 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan chees...