Creamy Basil Margherita Spaghetti
Its a Hand Me Down
"You've had Margherita pizza. But have you had Margherita spaghetti? You are going to LOVE this recipe. This is a new twist on an all-time favorite pizza with lots of fresh basil. I think this is one of the best pasta recipes ever. This dish has 3 major elements: the pasta, the veggies/herbs, and the cream sauce."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 487
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over low heat. Add tomato, onion, green onions, and garlic. Reserve 2 tablespoons basil and add the rest to the frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup cream and continue to whisk for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add remaining cream and stir. Add granulated garlic, thyme, and a squeeze of lemon juice to the sauce.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings if needed. Add cooked vegetables to the sauce, mix well, and simmer over low heat while pasta boils.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and reserved basil together in a bowl.
- Serve the pasta in a large plate or bowl. Ladle cream sauce over. Top with Parmesan-basil mixture and another squeeze of lemon juice.
You might also like
Per Serving: 487 calories; 37.8 29.7 9.5 125 265 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1