Swordfish over Ginger Hot and Sour Soba Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"The aroma is out of this world. This Asian-inspired recipe yields very generous helpings, and is chock-full of veggies and lean protein. Lemongrass and lime give it a nice sour punch. Can easily be tweaked to make it gluten free. Garnish with any leftover cilantro and green onion, if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 631
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Rinse swordfish and pat dry; season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce boiling water to a simmer. Stir in bouillon and 3/4 of the lime juice. Add carrots, bean sprouts, soy sauce, green onions, jalapeno, lemongrass, cilantro, 2/3 of the garlic, and ginger. Simmer broth for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms; season with a pinch of salt and pepper and add remaining garlic. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Wipe the pan clean if there are bits stuck to the bottom.
- Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining olive oil and swordfish. Cook until internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), 4 to 5 minutes per side. Squeeze remaining lime juice over the fish and set aside to rest.
- Add mushrooms and bok choy to the broth. Continue simmering on low, about 5 minutes. Add soba noodles; cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Add sesame oil.
- Cut each block of noodles in half and divide between 4 bowls. Ladle vegetables and broth over the top. Cut swordfish steaks into equal pieces and place one on top of each bowl.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the broth is too potent from liquid cooking off, add 1/2 cup water toward the end of cooking.
- Pick out the long slices of lemongrass as you work through the soup...you don't want to try eating those.
Per Serving: 631 calories; 13.2 95.1 33 32 1085 Full nutrition