Ingredients1 h servings 126
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute zucchini and onion until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Soak bread in a small bowl with milk until milk is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Remove bread and gently squeeze out excess milk. Place bread in a food processor and pulse until mixture forms fine crumbs resembling wet sand.
- Combine ground turkey with the sauteed zucchini mixture, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley; mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 12 large meatballs using a large ice cream scoop.
- Place 1/3 cup flour in a shallow dish. Dredge meatballs in flour and place 1 inch apart in the prepared baking pan. Drizzle olive oil over meatballs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are lightly browned on top and no longer pink in the center, 30 to 38 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
Per Serving: 126 calories; 6.6 6.6 10.3 60 262 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I am the submitter of the recipe, and yes, 1 lbs of meat is correct! Yes, we get 12 large meatballs out of this recipe! Adding in the zucchini, bread crumbs, cheese, and eggs in addition to ever...
I have not made this yet but know from experience that 1 pound of turkey for this recipe is not enough for 12 large meatballs! That must be a mistake, stating 1 pound of ground turkey. They soun...
I followed the recipe and I could see this would not make meatballs. The mixture didn’t hold shape at all. The flavor was good but I made a meatloaf with it. I wondered if it needs two pounds of...