Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h servings 552
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a heavy medium saucepan, simmer the beef in 1/4 inch of water. Stew until very tender, about 2 to 3 hours, replacing water as necessary. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Pass the cooked stew meat through a meat grinder twice, until it is the consistency of a thick, stringy paste.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Filter the melted butter through clean muslin (cheese cloth), to remove the milk solids.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooked meat with 3/4 of the strained, melted butter. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg to taste. Stir in desired amount of reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Transfer the mixture to sterile containers and top with remaining butter. Seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 552 calories; 47.6 0.4 29.7 161 234 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I have not made this yet, but it sounds exceptional. I would love to know if there is an easier way to grind or puree the meat.