Ingredients50 m servings 543
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place Crispy Chicken Strips on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil; stir in vermicelli pasta and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes.
- While Chicken Strips and vermicelli are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute garlic and onion for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and sauce; bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in tomato paste, salt, pepper, and basil and continue to heat for 10 minutes.
- When Crispy Chicken Strips are cooked, remove from oven and leave on the same baking sheet. Place 1 slice of mozzarella cheese on each Chicken Strip and cover with 1/4 cup of the basil tomato sauce. Return to the oven and heat for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve over drained vermicelli.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 21.3 59.1 31.5 62 1846 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. The sauce was so tasty until I added the salt. Next time I make this I will reduce the amount of salt. Otherwise it's a great recipe.
This was a nice balance of convenience and homemade. Great for a busy weeknight! The only one thing I would change next time would be to blend the diced tomatoes. Great recipe and one I will mak...
Delicious! Using the pre-cooked chicken tenders was a really tasty shortcut.
Huge hit! I was leary of using these to make chicken Parmesan because we always make the chicken from scratch. This turned out wonderful! Very easy and so tender, moist and flavorful...delicious...